Monday, February 05, 2007

Slacker

As you may have noticed I haven't posted for a few days. For this I apologise. The main reason it's been so long is that I have been away the weekend at a mates 40th (the scotch egg eating geezer as it happens). My plan was to email posts in from my phone - but as I forgot the charger, and the battery died almost the instant I arrived, that proved a little tricky. Sharp eyed amongst you will have spotted this doesn't actually hold up to scrutiny as the last post was sometime before the weekend - but I offer no further excuses.

Anyway - to the party. It was cool, it was a vaguely Lord of the Rings themed event. With people dressed in fancy dressed inspired by the film. This was optional - I optioned out. It was prob' about a 40 60 split dressed up to not, so I didn't feel the only boring twat.

The films were playing away in the front room all day - the party started at 12.00 (they were the extended edition so about 4 hrs long each), and there was food, drink and general chat in the kitchen/dining room (one large open plan type area). This was cool, people kinda swapped in and out of watching the film. Some watched the film all (or at least most) of the time. Some didn't watch the film at all. Actually the people not watching the film tended to barrack a bit about how anti-social the other group were - but I think that just shows an unwillingness to engage with the spirit of the thing.

In any case I did relatively well at catching the one or two bits of the films I particularly enjoy, and also got to catch up with some people I hadn't seen for a while - so all that was cool.

In other news or bucket of rust we call a car passed it's MOT (Yeah). Eventually (Boo). It's less rusty now though.

No comments: